QUEEN OF HEARTS
JACKPOT NOW AT
Rabun Dodson Pope American Legion Post 70
Queen of Hearts Raffle Rules
- Tickets are sold only on the premises of American Legion Post 70.
- Tickets are $2.00 each.
- Ticket sales will close ½ hour prior to the drawing.
- Ticket/s must include your name and, if not present for the drawing, your phone number and desired card number, if available.
- All non-winning tickets will be discarded after each drawing, except where a second drawing for the night was announced the previous week.
- Player must be at least 18 years old to buy tickets.
- Tickets are only valid for:
- Legion Family Members of Post 70.
- Legion Family Members of other American Legion Posts that are signed-in to the Post 70 guest book
- Guest/s of Post 70 Legion Family Members that are signed-in to the Post 70 guest book
- Drawings will take place each Friday evening at 9:00 pm.
- A ticket will be drawn at the direction of only the Game Administrator or other designated Post officials.
- Only one (1) ticket is drawn each week, except where a second drawing for the night was announced the previous week.
- If present at the weekly drawing, the ticket winner will select one (1) card on the game board.
- If not present and no card number is indicated on the ticket, the Game Administrator will randomly pick a card for the absentee player.
- A card, or cards, in the case of a duel drawing, is selected from the game board each week until the Queen of Hearts is revealed. A new game begins the following week.
- The pot for a new game begins at $1,000.
Prizes are as follows:
- $20 for cards 2 through 10.
- $30 for any Ace, King or Jack.
- $50 for a Queen of Clubs, Spades or Diamonds.
- $100 for a Joker.
- Queen of Hearts pays 50% of the pot.
- All prizes are reduced by 50% if you are not present at the time of the drawing.
- Payment of pot winnings will be coordinated between the winner, the game administrator, and the Post Finance Officer.
- For prizes greater than $600, the winner must fill out a federal tax form (5754) to claim the prize. Failure to fill out the form surrenders the winnings to American Legion Post 70.
- Prizes not claimed by 5 pm, the Friday following the drawing, will be surrendered to American Legion Post 70.
The Post 70 Executive Committee reserves the right to modify these rules at any time. These rules are effective as of January 6th, 2020.